Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Game. First Goal.

Andrew had his first ever soccer game last Saturday. He only had one partial practice last Saturday (cut short because of the heat) and then he practiced for about 30 minutes before his game. Well, his team did not win but our son scored one of the two goals!! He scored the first one. Wade and I were so proud of him! His coach was VERY proud as well and picked him up and twirled him around. :) It was sweet. Then he had him give him five. I about cried. LOL

The team he was playing against had some good players - not your average K4 and K5 players. He had two boys vying for the ball when he kicked it between them and into the goal. Yay Andrew!!

It was time for the rotating substitution right after so he got to come out to rest. We were all having him give us five. He was beaming.

His game was at 12:00 and Elizabeth's was at 1:00. Most of the games except this one and one other will be played at the same time. That's good and bad. We won't be at the soccer fields all day but we won't get to watch all their games. Elizabeth played a great game too. Her team won! She probably played the best I've ever seen. This is her second season playing soccer. She's improved so much since last year. (I edited this photo like this so you could see Elizabeth kicking the ball. It was a quick edit job! ;))

I love this photo of her and her new friend, Aubrey. Aubrey has the prettiest blue eyes! They were out of the game at the same time. They were sitting together in this chair and I thought looking so cute. Just being girls! (Used my "glow" action on this photo.)
I was supposed to be at an all day crop on Saturday but just didn't feel like going. I really didn't want to go the night before but thought I might after the kids' games. On the contrary. I felt tired and sort of bad so I laid down for a bit. I woke up and discovered I was very sunburned on my neck and chest. Ugh! It still hurts today but not constant as it has up until today. It worries me a bit. I'm afraid it'll mess with my skin cells and I'll get melanoma again.
Elizabeth and Wade are at soccer practice right now. I have to finish giving Andrew a bath. I need to post about my latest wild animal adventure that happened today. Maybe when the kids are in bed . . .

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Love the photos, especially your color edit!

Kristi said...

WTG Andrew!! He really does look so proud. :) And Elizabeth with her new friend--so cute. They sure do play at a pretty field, with the hills and trees around it! I hope your sunburn is feeling better, and everything is OK in spite of it!!