Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Sucker for Art Supplies.

What have I got myself into? I am currently working on a church cookbook (which I was asked to be in charge of but thankfully I have helpers!) and I am editing and sort of re-designing the kids' school website PLUS my friend is having her baby shower on Saturday and I am supposed to make a 20 page baby album for one of her twin boys. YIKES!! Did I mention I haven't started it yet? And yet, here I am blogging . . .

Here's how I found Elizabeth and Andrew on Monday:


Aren't they cute? We had just got home from school. The Sunday newspaper was still out in the box so I got it out when I got the mail. Elizabeth wanted me to save the Comics for her. She and Andrew sat outside, and Elizabeth read the comics while they ate candy. They had raided Elizabeth's candy stash. I wasn't too happy about the candy since dinner was less than two hours away but they were happy, so I was happy. ;) I am so thankful they have a close relationship. One or the other has to run in the other's room each night to get a hug and kiss for bedtime. Too sweet!

After holding out all the month of September, we finally went out to eat as a family on Friday night. We wanted to cut back on our eating out and save money too. A lot of medical bills will be coming due soon with all the tests run on Wade. Andrew and Elizabeth had even asked us when we were going to get to eat out. LOL I guess they do enjoy it afterall. I know they do. They get to order what they want and their daddy or mommy aren't telling them to eat something they don't like. We just went to Chili's. I LOVE their southwestern egg rolls and boneless Shanghai chicken wings - mmmmmm!! I want some now just thinking about it.

Wade and I went to see Dracula at the Barter Theater on Saturday night. The kids spent the night with Daddy and Mom. It was a great production. A couple of risque scenes I could have done without but overall, very dramatic and as usual, the set was first class. We get to see Driving Miss Daisy in a couple of weeks. Excited about that one too!

Sunday was church. Monday was my very busy day of taking kids to school, working out, buying groceries, two hours and then Bible study and now it's time to pick up the kids. Whew! Yesterday Elizabeth had soccer practice. Wade took her and I worked on the school website (learned a lot) while Andrew played with Play-Doh. I also got my new make-up in the mail on Monday and got to use it for the first time yesterday. I LOVE it. It's Bare Escentuals. My friend, Christy, uses it and I was asking her about it the other weekend when we stayed in a hotel room together at the ladies' retreat in Pigeon Forge. <-----Forgot to write about that by the way! Oh well! It was fun, got some bargain buys, etc. ;) Now back to the story. ----- I've been thinking I would like a powder foundation instead of a liquid one. She showed me hers, told me some about it and just made me want to try it. It feels great and looks great. I want more. Ha ha! (I've already informed my dear hubby of that too.)

I've recieved more compliments about Andrew from his kindergarten teacher. Oh, I thrive off that stuff when I hear how "creative" he is!! LOL I bought MORE art supplies today for the class. His teacher may have discovered how to sucker me into getting supplies for the class. He brought home this "house" yesterday - so proud and chattering a hundred words a minute about "here's the roof, and here's the upstairs bathroom and here's the ladder to the tree house," etc.
See the stamps on it? That's something I bought more of for the class today. My child (and his fellow classmates) needs to have a nice selection of stamps! ;) Andrew had asked me Monday night what he could use for his house's roof. He said he and Shariq were working on it and they didn't have anything to use for the roof. I asked if a cereal box would work. So we cut up a cereal box and he excitedly packed it in his backpack for the next day. We have another cereal box reserved for when he may need it. :)

Ending with a quote I read the other day in my e-devotional:
When I give thanks, my thoughts still circle about myself to some extent. But in praise my soul ascends to self-forgetting adoration, seeing and praising only the majesty and power of God, His grace and redemption." ~Ole Kristian O. Hallesby

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Those front porch pics are the best! Your kids are beautiful. Ian's K teacher last year got a nice supply of stamps from me, too! ;)

Kristi said...

LOL His teacher's got you figured out! (Or will soon!!) Love Andrew's house with the cereal box roof and all. :D