
Tom (my father-in-law) ordered the kids a set of 24 watercolor pencils and a heavy sketch pad for each of them. Elizabeth has especially loves the thoughtful surprise gift. She has drawing pictures and using my watercolor blender pen ever since Sunday. She set straight to work on Tuesday doing this.

Here’s a sample of her artwork. Mostly horses, as is her love right now. She has a book from the school library that’s a “horse dictionary”. She showed me a horse she drew the other day and said, “This is an Exmoor pony and it’s the only horse that starts with an E.” I think she was trying to work her way through the dictionary with her drawings.

Wednesday night after coming home from church, we were in the kitchen getting some drinks for the kids before bedtime. Elizabeth picked up a pack of Quaker oatmeal Wade had got out for breakfast the next morning and read a trivia question on it, “Where have dinosaurs been found?” Wade and I over think the question and start naming places such as “Tennessee, Montana, etc” Cutting us off, she says “Dinosaurs have been found on every continent.” I reply, “Oh really? Even Antarctica?” Of course I’m processing that and remember that it is true as Andrew quickly responds, “Yes, but just two kinds – the saber-tooth tiger and the woolly mammoth.” Wade and I look at each other. Wow. Not sure we knew any dinosaur names in kindergarten whether alone that fact.
This week was obviously my week of socializing. I got together with Shannon Marie on Tuesday then on Thursday, my friend, Christy and I met for lunch at Salsarita’s and to buy gifts for our friend’s baby shower on Saturday (today). We had taken up money at church for a “big gift” and had received $337. Our friend, Becky, had a stroller-car seat combo on her registry and then we picked up some other items, adding the total and tax in our heads. When we checked out, our total was $337.21. Quite impressive, I thought! :)
On Friday, I went to my friend Penny’s house for our monthly get-together to watch the Anne movies and then go get lunch. (She has the whole series.) I made a card for Penny's birthday which was on April Fool's Day. ;)

This is the card I made for Becky. Yep, using up those scraps! I also got a new notebook paper punch from Stampin' Up. It's fun to use! I think I have enough scraps from these My Mind's Eye patterned papers to make one more card. They were leftover from doing the altered letters for Crystal's nursery.

Andrew spent the night with his friend Caleb last night. Elizabeth and I went back to town and shopped a little after we dropped him off. I bought her three wood dolls at Michael's to paint or color when we got home. A little after 9 pm, she and I headed back out and swung by Taco Bell and McDonald's to get our "fourth meal". LOL Wade worked all day yesterday and today. He's still not home. :( One more week though. We can do it!! Sweet thing though was when Elizabeth was praying last night, one thing she thanked God for was "hanging out with Mommy". Awww! We hung out.
The kids' report cards came home Friday. I'm glad to see improvement in conduct for Andrew. He only had one thing checked this time which was "talking when it's appropriate" which meant he needed to work on it. I get that. I had the same problem in school, buddy. Elizabeth's had nothing bad on hers.
Today, Brianna and I were supposed to do our annual photo shoot in an area field of wild mustard. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and we will have to reschedule. I bought the kids and me clothes for it this year. I can't wait! Click here to see some of our photos from last year.
Here's my silly for the day:
"You're a Labrador Retriever. Your family is what makes you tick, and you never "flea" from an opportunity to hang out with the whole gang. A family picnic complete with hot dogs, deviled eggs and a refreshing swim in the lake is hard for you to stray from. Your sparky temperament and dogged intelligence mean you are not only a blast to hang out with, but great to work with as well. Your close pals appreciate your patience and forgiveness, knowing you'd rather let sleeping dogs lie than dwell on the mishaps of the past. Your dashing good looks may one day lead to a modelling career, if only you can tame the unfortunate clumsiness that sometimes causes you to go flailing from the catwalk."
5 comments:
Your son made a super duper project...I think my son would love to have watched him make that. My son likes to build things too.
Very nice artpad and watercolor pencils....I love what your DD did with all her art and love for horses. Very creative!
I might have to take that breed quiz but am afraid I'll find out I am a pitbull or something like that.ha! Be funny if it turned out to be a Shih Tzu(aka:bloggin shih tzu).
Love your blog, thanks so much for leave me a comment in mine, your family and photos are just great!
Are you interested in join my CT?
If you like to scrap I would love to have you in my team, hugs, Karen from Uruguay.
Hi there Leslie
Great blog, love reading through your posts a lot different to mine :), and thanks for calling by mine, i have added a new post
Sarah x
Wow Leslie - lots of new readers!!!
BTW - love the cards - esp. the punch. I've been looking at them for some time now, may have to take to jump.
Wow--Andrew is quite the inventor! It's neat you recorded the stories of his designs. Those cards are pretty, and so are Elizabeths's drawings!
Post a Comment