Saturday, July 26, 2008

Recent Altered Art and Cards.

So I'm finally uploading some photos of recent items I've made. Some cards and some altered items from the last 2-3 months.




This was the Father's Day card for Wade. On the inside it says "is to love their mother."


My first altered box. I like it turned out. I made it for my "Secret Sista" for the KY crop last weekend. Her husband is in the Army and she decorates her home in Americana. They just aren't the best photos because I took them the night before I left. I was in a hurry to get everything packed and in bed.



The little box of candy I made especially for her from the scraps. Patty told me about the glittery Modge Podge and I went wild with that stuff! It may show up better on the photos of the other boxes.


The mini boxes for the rest of the "sistas" at the crop:


And my altered clipboards! I made one for my "Secret Sista" and one as an example for the papercrafting class I taught at the kids' school. It's for Andrew. We did a "friends" theme so they can change out a picture of their friends.


Speaking of my class, it was a week of summer camp at Ashley Academy. I had nine kids (only one boy in the group but I made it FUN for him!). They loved learning to alter items. We started out with the cigar box - will do that last next time. We also altered a door hanger and the clipboard plus we did an All About Me page for a day of scrapbooking and made a paper bag album. I think they all really enjoyed it.
I had several moms ask me what supplies they needed for their kids to continue altering items. AND I had a mom say her daughter had four friends that wanted to take my class next year. :) The one boy in my class enjoyed it too and was proud of a few of the things he made for his mom. I enjoyed it too but will NEVER do it again during the same week as Bible school. I just didn't know that was when it was when I scheduled it back in the early Spring. That was a week full of anxiety between summer camp 9-12, keeping my house clean because the boys were staying with us, feeding my kids lunch and dinner, having two sleepovers that week because my kids HAD to have two visitors to hear the Missionary Secret at Bible school, preparing for my class the next morning and then of course Bible school at night and then coming home to feed the boys some food when they got in. Whew! My heart is palpitating again thinking about it. LOL

3 comments:

Kimmarie Baker said...

Love the Cards! Lucky sistas to get these awesome boxes! Your clipboards came out fantastic!

Anonymous said...

oh, what great cards, and boxes and clipboards! I can't wait to see what all you made during your class! BTW, Elizabeth told my all about your glittery Mod Podge, hehe!

Julie

Kristi said...

Leslie, you did a great job on everything! I like all the papers and colors and everything on the cards, and the altered items are awesome! Love the little boxes, so cute! Love how you did the cigar box too.