Tuesday, August 5, 2008

IOP Vacation Aug 2008. Days 1-3.

We are here but sadly, we only have a couple of more days. When we get home then it'll only be a week until school starts back. That I'm looking forward to. I'm ready to get back on a schedule as I always am when summer break is coming to an end.


On Friday I needed my second allergy injection for the week before we left and Wade and I *had* to make a pit stop before we headed out at Starbucks. Those allergy injections are sort of a pain to remember but I'm excited to have switched allergists and what he thinks we can accomplish with the injections. Completely different from my last allergist. Basically the six years of allergy shots I got were a waste. Anyways!


We arrived around four and after unpacking the car chilled for a bit, letting the kids watch TV and letting Wade nap on the sofa. We ate dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. It was delicious! The prices were good and the place was super clean. We'll be visiting again some time. :) Afterwards, we bought some groceries and picked up the customary Krispie Kreme doughnuts for me and anyone else brave enough to try to eat any of MY doughnuts. Ha!


Saturday we headed out after lunch for the Tanger Outlet in North Charleston. It was tax free weekend in SC just like in TN and we needed to buy some clothes for Andrew. Elizabeth picked out a first-day-of-school-outfit and Andrew picked out some much needed collared shirts that he can wear at school and church. We spent most of the budgeted money for clothes at Tommy Hilfiger. For dinner we ate at a restaurant we had talked about eating at for a few years - Boathouse Restaurant at Breach Inlet. As we suspected, it was sort of pricey. The complimentary valet parking gave that away. The food was fresh and good, sort of gourmet.


After we returned home, we took a trip to the beach. It turned out to be a very short trip as it was extremely windy. The sand was punishing on our faces and bodies.



Sunday we got up and made breakfast. Wade got fancy and made Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes for the kids. They really liked that. :) After breakfast we laid around and watched TV. After lunch we got ready and went to the beach. It was breezy again but not too bad. The kids had fun playing in the tide pools left from high tide. It was overcast so not hot. Wade and I still aren’t brave enough to jump waves in the ocean since the beach renourishment has caused it to be so murky. So we wet our feet and laid in the beach chairs.



Dinner was at On the Border. We love their food and wish we had one of their chains in our city. When we finished and went home we played the game Andrew had wanted to play since our last vacation here – Monopoly. Sadly, I don’t think he’ll want to play it again for a while. Elizabeth played with a vengeance and ended up winning. See all her properties and cash? Andrew quit before we went bankrupt and gave her all his properties and money.



More days of vacation to come . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omgosh, I totally didn't know you all were gone!!! I've apparently missed some blogs, LOL! I'm gonna subscribe so I can keep up with you, hehee.....

Julie

Anonymous said...

PS.....have fun! And the KK donuts at the beach are our tradition too ;)

Kristi said...

Glad you got one last vacation in before school starts. That windy ocean picture is really interesting. It *does* look stormy!

Patrizzia said...

Sounds like a great time! I love playing monopoly as well. Welcome home!