Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day. New Earrings.

It's Election Day! I am so glad I voted a few weeks ago. Other than the long lines, another good reason is because the kids are out of school today and I could imagine having to wait with them. They would probably do fine. Glad I don't have to know though.


Elizabeth is finally wearing a different pair of earrings. This past Sunday night she kept messing with her one ear during the church service. I had noticed just a day or two earlier that it looked like she had tightened her earring back way too much and the little rhinestones were buried in her ear. When we got home, I went about trying to loosen them. I then realized she had tightened them so much that her ear was sort of growing around them. Ick! So I told her we HAD to take them out. Having to be a mean mama I pulled them both out and then put some new white gold ones in that we bought back this summer for her (but never got in). They are sort of dangly and are just a wire going in and have the little rubber piece in the back. I think her ears should heal fine with these and with her cleaning them twice a day. They already look so much better. She loves them and did great with me putting them in. She said she was praying the whole time and she thinks that's why it didn't really hurt. Her ears were bleeding though when I had to take out the other ones. :(


Last night was Andrew's soccer award program at Tri-Cities Baptist Church. It was fun! This was our third awards program there and each year they bring in someone to entertain the kids and adults. I talked with his soccer coach's wife about flag football through Upward. It's in the late Spring. We think we may sign Andrew up for that this coming year. He's wanting to play football and we believe it'll be a good thing to introduce him to the sport. Wade had wanted to find a football camp this summer for him too.


The kids are outside playing with sidewalk chalk, swinging and riding their scooters right now. Wade will be thrilled (not!) about the chalk when he comes home. He complains that if it doesn't get washed off almost immediately that it sort of stains the concrete. I had to kick them outside after lunch though. They were getting restless and starting to argue. I think they got up around 7 am. Then they wanted to eat lunch at 10 even though they had eaten breakfast. LOL


Wade and I are meeting to go to a parent-teacher conference this afternoon with Andrew's teacher. We decided not to with Elizabeth's teacher because she got all As on her report card and overall (except for talking too much every now and then - surprise!) her behavior is good. Oh and we are hoping to swing by Starbucks afterwards for our free tall coffee they are giving to those who vote.


Tonight should be a good time to blog about our trip from weekend before last. Wade is planning on us staying up and watching all the news channels. Oh boy! I think he is also planning on sleeping in tomorrow. I'm the one that has to take the kids to school by 7:40 am tomorrow morn so we'll see how late *I* stay up! I've also volunteered to help the librarian pack up the book fair in the morning. I told her I would do it but I may have a election night hangover (not from drinking because I don't, but from staying up late) and possibly depressed depending on if my guy won. ;)

No comments: