Friday, January 16, 2009

Bloggy Land Award.

I've been given an award! It's from my friend, Nicole, who I met online and says she enjoys reading my blog. I met her over at SBO and hope to meet her IRL some day. I have met several of the "sistas" from the site already this past summer when we met in Kentucky for a weekend crop. Good times! Anyways, here's my award:
And here's the deal - I list 5 of my addictions and then give the award to 5 FABBY gals with FABBY blogs! My addictions:
1. Internet (checking email!)
2. Coffee (with 3 teaspoons of sugar and lots of creamer)
3. Reading
4. Photography
5. Scrapbooking/Cardmaking (but sadly this addiction is lacking any love lately)


Now I get to give 5 of my friends this FABBY award. (Do you hear the drum roll?) And it goes to:


I think I should have kept with all my friends whose names end in I, don't you? Hope you don't feel left out, Luann. ;) I would have added Patty to the mix but ahem, she's quitting the blogging world. :(


I woke up feeling much better today! Yay! I think the two days of complete rest really helped to get rid of this cold. I used Zicam several times but I have to say that with its history (people losing their sense of smell) that I was afraid to use it too much. After all I pride myself in my heightened sense of smell (sort of like a super power) and I'd hate lose it. ;) LOL


In other news, it is a mere NINE degrees here in the South today. County schools were closed and several others were on delays. But not ours. Never is. Oh well! They get MLK day on Monday so that will be nice. Someone is coming to give us an estimate on a new heat pump that day also. Lovely. Ours is on its last leg we are afraid.


We had a good evening yesterday. Andrew got in the cleaning mode and we went through his closet and barn shelf and threw away a lot of stuff. (Hey Lori, be expecting some things for Jeremiah! LOL) He was proud of himself and after I put him to bed he said, "I just can't go to sleep. I am so excited to show Daddy when he gets home." So I told him I would have Daddy come look when he got home. With tax season here, Wade is working nights and doesn't get home until around 11 usually. So Wade went in and tried rousing him to let him know he had seen it and that it looked great.


When we tried to ask Elizabeth if she was warm enough last night about that time, she couldn't hear us. She kept saying, "huh?" and I kept asking, "Are you cold? Are you cold?" Finally, I tried rephrasing it, "Do you need more blankets to stay warm?" And either her ears opened up or she woke up enough to understand and told us she was fine. That cracked Wade and me up because we were both hovering above her while I was asking.


Stay warm!

8 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Andew is welcome to come to Ohio and do some closet purging here! LOL!

Krystin said...

He is more than welcome in California, too...and it isn't a balmy 9 degrees here, either. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on your award! =)
Julie

Nikki said...

Sweet! Thank you to the academy for recognizing my work. ROFL. I miss you, but thank heaven for blogs to catch us up!

Crafty Girl Studio said...

We are purging here also today. If Gail wants to move rooms she can only take half her crap with her....thats the deal.

Kimmarie Baker said...

Love your award! We spent 2 1/2 days cleaning out clutter and clothes that didn't fit the girls anymore. All in all I think we bagged up 7 large garbage bags. Yikes! We also moved the bunk beds from an L shape to oone above the other - room is so much bigger now. Doesn't it feel good to purge!?

Kristi said...

I read this one, b/c I saw my award! LOL I guess I need to claim it, huh? I am so bad at continuing on those tags and such!! My mom swears by Zicam. I've never taken it. Glad you're feeling better!