Andrew's Easter party at school on Thursday. I arrived in time to help hide eggs. They were all asked to bring a dozen candy-filled eggs. There are only ten in the class and most bought the packs of eggs already filled which tend to have more than 12 so they got around 15 eggs each. They were told to only get 15 so everyone got a fair amount.

Andrew found the "golden egg". Can you tell he was happy? LOL

Tom came to celebrate Easter weekend with us on Saturday. Wade's parents started coming to spend the holiday with us when the kids were little. Wade is always in tax season for this holiday so there is not trips to middle TN. Tom has continued to come each year even though Sara passed away. He enjoys it and the kids enjoy having him there. It's one of those things that you can count on, a tradition. We always wait on him to arrive to do the egg dyeing. We tend to do different egg kits each year. This year we found one that after you dye the eggs, you put a bit of glue on them and then rub sparkly foil on them. They were messy (aren't all egg dye kits?) but fun.


The traditional photo of the kids with Papa while dyeing eggs. :)

Tom told us that when he was little that his grandparents would always bring him a gift when they came to visit. So in keeping with that tradition (using that word a lot in this post!), he has started doing it for Elizabeth and Andrew. He bought Elizabeth a nail kit and Andrew a tool kit. They LOVED the gifts!

Easter morning! Can you tell how thrilled Andrew was to have his picture taken?

Egg hunt at my parents' house. The food was oh, so good, as usual. It's supposed to be! Two of my cousins have daughters in third grade like Elizabeth so it's fun for them to get together. I find it strange how it has worked out this way. On my mom and dad's side of the family, I was pretty much left out at a lot of holiday get-togethers as I was the youngest (until my one cousin on my mom's side was born, about four years younger than me). Now those same cousins that seemed so much older than me now have children the same age as mine. :)

Elizabeth's class had their Easter party on Monday. They had other things going on last week so that they couldn't fit it in. The fourth grade classes hid the eggs for them on the play ground. Elizabeth found the most eggs! The eggs were empty but her teacher gave her some "tickets" (for "cash-in" at the end of the week) as a prize.

As I mentioned Andrew's spiritual birthday last month, Elizabeth's was on Monday, April 13th. They were saved very close together. I want to make this day special for them as it's the most important decision they will ever make. So this year I let them decide what meal they wanted for dinner and even got them a little gift. Elizabeth picked out this robin Li'l Kinz toy. Her meal? Ham, cheese, garlic cheese bread and brownies for dessert. So nutritious. I made a new chicken salad recipe for Wade and me that was yummy!

Andrew wasn't sure if he was going to believe in the Easter bunny this year. He's our practical, thinking one. Elizabeth is our dream-world child. Ha ha! He had pretty much decided there was no such thing but in the end, and I'm talking at like 9:30 pm on Saturday night, he did put his basket out for the Easter bunny (if there was one!) to leave him goodies. We were asking if we could put it out and get whatever was left if he didn't want to believe. ;) When Elizabeth lost a tooth a couple of weeks ago, he was talking about not believeing in the tooth fairy either. Oh boy. I think some of the magic of childhood will be ending soon at our house.
1 comment:
I know what you mean about blogging before you forget the stories that happened!! That is exactly what I have been doing, and working on photos and just being SO busy, that I have not caught up with your blog. Which is what I'm doing today. LOL Are you around? Or in Costa Rica? I thought that might be coming soon. Your whole family's Easter clothes look so nice. I like your green jacket. I also know what you mean about getting caught up in being done editing the pics before you can post. Me== guilty too!
Post a Comment