Thursday, June 4, 2009

When the Going Gets Boring. The Bored Go Shopping.

Yesterday, we ended up going to do something with our boring "lazy-hang-around-the-beach-house-so-far sorta" day. I can only take so much sitting around and so much reading of Good Housekeeping, Family Circle, Town & Country, Traditional Home, etc. You know those type of magazines that are left at places like this for other bored-out-of-your-mind souls to read. I read how to improve my marriage, the best place to go on vacation in Maine, where I had to eat and what I had to buy in every state, the best recipe for clam chowder as well as how to make the "new" baked mac and cheese as well as the "musts" for every home decor.


Yeah, the boredom was getting to me. Wade, being the good husband he is (and because I already do everything those magazines say to do to improve your marriage - hahahahahahaha), he knew I needed to get out. And being not just a good husband but an awesome husband, he insisted we go clothes shopping. He sounds just fabulous, huh? Well . . . I do not like to go shopping for clothes. I know, it's sad. I am woman and I'm supposed to *love* it but I don't. Plus, Wade likes to tell me what I should buy. I get pressured into buying that shirt that he says looks great on me to only go home and think it doesn't fit all that great and I really don't like it after all.


So we headed into Charleston and to the Citadel Mall. We found a few shirts and a pair of black sandals. All for the "Costa Rica" trip. I'm thinking that all that laying around the pool and hanging out at an all-inclusive resort isn't going to take a lot of clothes. I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong? But my man wanted to spoil me and I can't deny him. ;)


Against our better judgement, we let the kids decide for dinner and they chose Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Because this is vacation and because we like to enjoy our vacation to the fullest and fattest capacity, we later stopped at Carvel for ice cream before heading back over the island.


Nothing says "vacation" like some weight gain, eh?


All our perfect weather gave way to rain around noon. That's okay though. We have had wonderful weather and you can't complain when you have one out of seven days that aren't perfect.


We headed to try to do some letterboxing after breakfast. No luck though. Two boxes that were hidden at the Charles Pinckney Historic Site couldn't be found. :( We headed back home after a few mosquito bites and ate lunch. Later we played monopoly.


For dinner we went to eat at Acme Cantina. I had gone here with my friends back in February and we had liked it. This time, however, it was not good. There was only a handful of people and our waitress was very inattentive. Our food was average, very average. Ugh. Oh well. We made up for it by going into Mt. Pleasant and buying four pairs of shoes and then spending almost $20 on ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery. LOL Yes, maybe shopping is food for the soul. After that dent in the wallet for the ice cream we were reminded why we do these things only on vacation and why it's called "splurge".


When we were eating our ice cream, we all noticed that Andrew had spilled some all over both his legs. He wasn't even eating from a cone but a bowl. The table we were sitting at (outside) had holes in it and he had spilled ice cream out of his bowl and it had gone through the holes and onto his legs. Before Wade could fuss at him, Andrew looked at us all with raised eyebrows and a small grin and asked, "So, does anybody have a Plan B?" Crazy kid! Yes, once again, his wit (and charm) got him out of trouble.


Going home tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

OMGoodness, that was a funny post! Tee hee! Funny, funny about being bored. And the magazines and all those shoes!!! Were the four pairs from Mt. Pleasant all for you too? For the trip? :D I wonder what happened to those letterboxing boxes. Do people steal those things...? I guess I imagine it could. Silly Andrew with the holes in the table. That is totally something that would happen in my family!!

Anonymous said...

Leslie! LOL at Andrew again, that is EXACTLY the type of thing Nash would say! LOL

Go for the burgers fries and ice cream while you can, and certainly NEVER say no to a husband offering to buy new wardrobe items! LOL

Great to read about your holiday fun!
Lotsalove
Shell