Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Fever.

It was beautiful out today. Having mild days like this just makes us have Spring Fever even more, I think. Andrew was so happy about the weather that it made him want to get his bike all cleaned up. He had walked in the kitchen twice to fill that canister you may see in the lower photo. I asked what he was doing and he said he was washing his bike. I asked, "Where?" See, with that boy (and probably most boys) I have to first make sure he wasn't doing it somewhere like on the porch or in the garage. LOL He was doing it in the grass, he said, so I told him he could use the water hose and Daddy's car was stuff. That made him happy! This shows that the poor kid is such a product of his parents.

Wade and I had a wonderful weekend. Mainly Friday night since he worked most of Saturday. We went out on a date to Cafe One 11 to get sushi, one of our new favorite restaurants and one of our new sorta favorite foods! They consider their food "Neo-Asian". Never heard of it but hey, it's really good! My favorite sushi is their summer roll and I love their chilean sea bass. Mmmmm! Afterwards we drove to Abingdon, VA to see Anne Frank at the Barter Theater. They did a good job. It has a horrible ending but of course the book does. Wade didn't know anything about it other than what he read in the playbook so I'm not sure what he thought about the lousy, depressing ending. :) We enjoyed our night out though. The kids had fun with the babysitter too.

Spring break in FOUR DAYS!!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

As soon as I saw that photo of Andrew, I thought 'like father, like son'!! LOL

It was a beautiful day!!
I am so glad you are back to blogging, I love reading your updates!

<3

Kimmarie Baker said...

I think all kids and adults are ready for spring. How cute is he, all excited about getting his bike ready!?! We had our first official bbq yesterday, the kids played ball with Mark and Sara took pictures of the girls and her friend on the trampoline. Let's go Spring! Glad you and Wade got some "you" time and enjoyed dinner and show together.