Thursday, July 15, 2010

BEST EVER Dry Rub Ribs.

This is my recipe for the best dry rub ribs! You try them and tell me if it isn't so. I made them for Elizabeth's birthday party and Wade's brother asked me twice if I had bought them already made and he kept going on about how good they were. My FIL said that (shhhhh, don't tell!) I had become a better cook than my mom when I cooked them for him recently. Yes, they are that impressive! LOL But they are SUPER easy.

Gone-in-a-minute Rubbed Ribs

1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tsp chili powder
1-3/4 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 racks baby rack ribs (about 5 lbs total)

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F and place rack in lower third. For dry rub, in a small bowl, combine sugar, chili powder, salt, mustard powder, and cinnamon; reserve 2 tbsp.

2. Rinse ribs and pat dry. Place each rack of ribs on a sheet of heavy-duty (or double layer) foil large enough to wrap around ribs. Rub ribs on both sides with dry rub and wrap in foil, making an airtight seal. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet; roast 1 hr 30 min.

3. Heat grill to medium high. Sprinkle ribs with reserved dry rub, remove foil and grill, turning occasionally, until grill-marked and deep brown, 8 to 10 min. Slice and serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.


My favorite way to eat them that came in the same issue, Herbed Marmalade-Glazed Ribs - sweet and sticky!

One of the best things about these recipes is that they CAN be made ahead! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Crafty Girl Studio said...

Ok, so if you were one of those folks trying to be good this is not the post to come and check out. But, I must say I am so hungry now.