Monday, May 20, 2013

Unexpected Flowers.

Unexpected flowers are some of my favorites like these beautiful wild poppies that snuck up along our driveway this morning.

When I was coming home from the grocery store late this morning they made me utter a little cry of joy. I did not see them at all yesterday but had noticed these same sweet little flowers sticking up along the way to church yesterday. Having them appear mysteriously in *my* yard made me feel like maybe God gave me a special gift. Yes, I think He does things like that for His children. Why not? I would for mine! :)

"The flowers appear on the earth; 
the time of the singing of birds is come, 
and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land..."
Song of Solomon 2:12

Yes, I think that time is come. Spring has finally arrived....for good! (I hope!) We also had to straddle a turtle on the way to church yesterday. Ha ha. Oh yeah, and we found a little frog on our back porch yesterday too!

With May 2013 coming upon completion the kids and I have also completed our first year of homeschooling! I have to say that was an achievement that filled me with more accomplishment than anything I've done in a loooong time!

Now that life should be a bit slower despite the fact that Elizabeth has five weeks of activities going on this summer, Andrew has three and throw in gardening, horse riding lessons, our own craft/art days each week and also our culinary skills day that Andrew has requested....okay, so maybe life won't be as slow as I thought it might be. However, I do hope to blog more regularly (I can always *hope*) and catch up on some past events things I have started blogging or want to blog.

Liking things to stay in chronological order I will backdate any entries so don't let that confuse you.

Right now I am going to see a dear friend who had a baby yesterday! :)

No comments: