Just a relaxing day. Cooking a pound of bacon for breakfast (and we didn't today but our little family of four CAN eat a whole pound at one setting at times!) and hanging around the house watching TV and reading. After lunch we walked a bit around our "neighborhood" as the kids call it which consists of the Pelican Bay association that we are in here within Wild Dunes Resort. They have two pools and I wanted to see what kind of "kiddy" area they had. Andrew will let waves in the ocean knock him down but he will not get in a pool that is deeper than two feet. I tried last year taking him to my parents' in ground pool. Just holding him and taking it slow and easy. Wasn't good. He screamed the whole time as I walked around in four foot water and his feet got wet. I want to do swim lessons this year but he assures me that if I take him to Papaw and Nana's pool again this summer that he will learn with me. That he'll be braver IF I take it slow. I'm bribing him with whatever toy he wants (well, under a $50 price tag which is half of what swim lessons would be).
So after that walk, we went to the Super Walmart in North Charleston again. Getting to know that area good! LOL We found out that the Lowe's and Home Depot is just maybe 1/4 of a mile from it. We were looking for air filters for the beach house. We bought a new iron, the old one didn't work when we went to use it over the weekend and we bought a larger trash can for the kitchen. There had been a trash can that was maybe 1/2 the size of a regular tall kitchen trash bag size so it would fill up so quick. Drove us crazy. We spent all of $10 for a new one. !!! Why did we wait so long?
Downtown Charleston was our choice destination today. ;) We finally arrived a little after 2:00. The kids love to visit the City Market where vendors sell jewelry, shirts, hats, sweet-grass baskets (one of these days I'm going to buy one - they are expensive!), etc. I bought a pretty brown stone necklace for $14 and we found Elizabeth a pink SC visor to wear while at the beach or wherever. She really liked it. We also had to stop at the Charleston Candy Kitchen. It's our tradition to let the kids pick something out. Andrew likes to get a selection of Jelly Bellys and Elizabeth got Hot Tamales and Lego candy today. Wade got some type of turtle candy and I got some chocolate raisin clusters plus we shared some chocolate and peanut butter fudge.
Tonight we ate at Sullivan's on Sullivan Island for dinner. It's a local favorite and was very good. I ordered crab stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon and had fried okra and a baked potato to go with it. Wade got a half pound of peel & eat shrimp and she-crab soup. We were stuffed BUT drove back to Mount Pleasant to get dessert and espressos at a little cafe. LOL Again, remember the weight gain?? Ugh! I feel so bloated and am so bloated tonight after all of that. Tomorrow's plans include Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, GA so I can't stop now. Hee hee!
Right now the kids are calming down by watching nonstop PBS cartoons. Can it get any better than this?? Ha! Tomorrow is a big day though so we are looking forward to that. I've been wanting to visit Savannah for a few years now. We are also doing our dolphin tour in the afternoon. Hope that goes well.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I didn't know you were blogging again!!! I'm going to start postng more! really, I am!
I'll have to "tag" you when Kelli or Nicole challenges me w/a topic. I think we'll get them once a week. :)
Andrew, I know you can do it! Be brave and think of the presents!
Post a Comment