Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Girl's B-day Party!

Well, the weekend is over - almost. I had great intentions of scrapping some tonight. Even took a nap today so I would be able to stay up late but it's 10 pm and I haven't ventured into my scrap room yet. LOL

We did have a good weekend though. I had my friend, Penny, over on Friday for lunch. I didn't actually make us anything b/c she wanted to pick something up so we had Wendy's. ;) My FIL came in on Friday and we went out to eat at The Firehouse Restaurant. Mmmm!

Saturday was Elizabeth's big birthday party. We had six first-grade girls here (counting Elizabeth) plus Andrew. It was wild!! They played "balloon ball" while we waited on Wade and Tom (FIL) to get the pizza. All the girls in her class (just the six of them) are sweet but have such different personalities. It's interesting to see how they interact together outside of the classsroom. They get along very well also to be so different. It makes me happy that we chose the school we did for our kids. (So far, so good! ;)) Anyway, we ate pizza, then had cookie cake and ice cream. The girls played a bit more while we cleaned up and then came present time. Elizabeth cracked me up with the first two gifts she opened. She would first open the card and read it to herself. Then she slowly would unwrap the gift. I told her to PLEASE hurry b/c we still had the pinata and the parents would be showing up in 15 minutes!! LOL

The rest of the day we just rested. Nothing doing, and it was nice. :)

Sunday, today. Church this morning and then afterwards we had a lunch for our Sunday school class and another class. It was fun. Wade had to leave to go to Nashville for a meeting tomorrow (and a dinner meeting tonight) and my FIL left to go home too. The kids and I pulled out Elizabeth's geology kit that she had received as a b-day gift and "explored" it. Elizabeth is into rocks right now. It just tickles me b/c I LOVED rocks when I was young and was interested in them. I even had a geology class at ETSU and it may have been one of my top ten favorites. My parents got me a rock tumbler for Christmas one year. Still have it. Well, it's still residing at Mom and Daddy's. LOL So we played with that for a bit and then I took my nap. Gave the ultimatum first "no fussing and no one coming to my room and waking me up to tattle or else!" Hee hee! It worked and I got a nice 1.5 hour nap.

You know, I think I will walk in my scrap room and see if anything calls my name to play with it. I DO need to finish the canvas I started for my laundry room. Daddy informed me yesterday that he did finish the shelf for the room and had already stained it. Isn't it a sweetie!! I just needed to poke and prod him a bit to get him started. (When we were at their house on Tuesday night, I found some scraps of wood in his workshop to make it and showed him.) I hope to have him make me these shelves like Donna Downey's this fall. BUT that's a whole 'nother story and I was going to try to create something - or at least think about it. :)



Shots from Saturday . . .




Papa reading to Elizabeth. Isn't that sweet?



My boy having an afternoon snack. LOVE that smile!!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

look @ the DOF in your photo of Andrew!!! Lovin' your blog!!

Leslie said...

Well, I'm trying! ;) You have to teach me to use this new camera. :)