

"Thank you for our food and bless it to the nourishment of our bodies. Help the lady Daddy is working with to be nice, work hard and use her brain. Amen." Yep, that is the blessing Andrew said the other night before dinner. The last sentence was said with a little giggling and then we were all laughing after the "Amen". He had overheard Wade and I talking about a lady (attorney) he is having to deal with concerning a client's case; obviously, she hasn't been too nice. ;) We always watch what we say around them and we didn't say a lot this particular night but Andrew is quick to understand what's going on at his young age and felt the need to talk to the Lord about it. Ha!!
I'm in awe. Something that I just love about the web is finding these really cool art videos on You Tube. Usually I just happen upon them from someone's blog. Here is the one I found the other day.
Isn't that just amazing? So inspiring and I WISH I could do that! It makes me want to take art lessons. :)
I've had my car for two weeks now. I still open the door to garage or just peek out the window to look at it every now and then. I love it! When they brought it from South Carolina from another dealership, it came with a pinstripe on it. We didn't know it had one and didn't want it so our dealership said they would gladly remove it. Wednesday of last week I dropped it off and they gave me a little loaner car (and I mean little!). They told me they would hand wash my car and fill it back up with gas when I picked it up that afternoon. Should I even have to mention that I brought it to them with only a quarter tank left?
Wade's dad came to visit with us this past weekend. We celebrated our preacher's 45th anniversary at our church on Sunday. We had a little over 1400 people in attendance - twice the amount we normally have each Sunday. We had over 500 on the buses that bring kids in and over 30 salvation decisions! Awesome! Elizabeth and Andrew invited friends to spend the night and bring to church. Andrew's friend couldn't come but Elizabeth's friend, Tatum, got to spend the night. They all three played so well together Saturday night.

The annual Ashley Academy auction was last Saturday. They had several inflatables for the kids to play in and the dinner was catered by Firehouse Restaurant. Yummy! We didn't stay for the live auction but bid on several items in the silent auction. We got outbid on all of them but that was okay we feel we helped the school by raising the bids on all of those. LOL Next year I want to stay for the live auction. I meant to buy a self portrait painting by Elizabeth but forgot. I asked the art teacher and I can come by the office to get it. I want to frame it and put it in my scrapbook room. I have framed a pastel drawing by Andrew and needed some artwork from Elizabeth. It will work perfectly.
Other recent happenings: got a haircut, met my friend, Clarissa, for lunch last week, dropped off Tom's hearing aid to get it fixed and picked it up later to find it's unfixable (we have an appt with the audiologist on June 9th for him), went to a tobacco store in downtown Johnson City to pick up some donated cigar boxes for my upcoming papercrafting class in the summer at the school (that was sort of scary but made me giggle as I was walking in the store - bad part of town, by the way), went to the doctor on Tuesday after having headaches every day for almost two weeks and swollen lymph nodes in several different locations (base of skull, under jaw and the usual under the ear on your neck) to be told I have a sinus infection and yesterday Mom and I cleaned out half of her laundry room to throw away 1.5 big black garbage bags full of stuff and donate the equivalent of stuff (mainly lots of glass jars, old Avon "collectables", tins and old holiday decor).
Tonight is Andrew's kindergarten program. He is super excited. The class picked his theme idea which is big. They are doing a cruise ship theme - a cruise ship adventure. He gets to be the captain of the ship. They also used his name idea for the ship, Queen Mary II. He got the name from a picture of a cruise ship he printed off or something.
Oh and I can NOT forget these black mail photos. Elizabeth gave the MEN in our house a pedicure a week ago. Wade picked green nail polish and Andrew picked blue. Ha ha!



6 comments:
I love your family updates. Fave post...Andrews prayer! Small pictures have big ears!!! LOL
ROFL Those males in your house (ahem, especially the older male) are good sports to get a pedicure complete with painted nails!! I was wondering why you were in the tobacco shop (and then kind of thought to myself, well she *is* from the south and all... :D We hear out here that smoking is more accepted there since that's where they grow tobacco). Anyway, I bet those cigar boxes will be cute! I remember having school boxes like those in elementary school. Do your kids where uniforms to school? I never noticed in other pics, but here they all have on the same shirt, well except Elizabeth, but still a polo. Just wondering!
It is amazing what kids hear and understand, isn't it??? Too funny that he said what he did in the dinner prayer.
And Holy Dang!!! Andrew sure does look like Wade, huh??? I've never noticed it until I saw the pic of Wade with Elizabeth doing his nails (too cute, by the way). Andrew definitely looks like his dad.
I love that the boys let her do their nails. I can't even imagine being able to pay Will enough to allow that...lol
Thank you so much for posting my video on your blog. I really appreciate it and you made my day. Love, Wyanne
I can't EVEN imagine my David letting ANYONE give him a pedicure! What a man that Wade is!! Glad to see a post from you..I've been waiting!! ha ha
My Daniel graduates from Kindergarten a week from Thursday...sniff sniff...cap and gowns and all....
I love you new car, but most of all I enjoyed all the artsy comments and pictures. I would go crazy if I allowed myself to let go and be creative - it is such fun and the final products lift my spirits and build my confidence! Thanks for your kind comments about my PRoverbs 31 devotional and then my blog.
Post a Comment