Elizabeth's birthday party with the family went great on Sunday. Everyone liked the food which made me relieved and happy. ;) We got chicken from the deli at Wal-mart and I made baked beans, potato salad, yeast rolls and had chips for the kids. Elizabeth picked brownies for something different for dessert since we were going to celebrate her birthday TWO MORE times that week. Do ya think we're overdoing it? LOL So we just didn't do plain old brownies but had ice cream and chocolate syrup to go on them. Now we're overdoing it. Daddy & Mom, Lori, Jon, Tyler, Dru, & Jeremiah, Steve & Jeanette and Grace were there plus the four of us. She got one of the new Fisher Price Light Sketchers, money to hopefully go toward a Highlights magazine subscription (she's getting other ideas), and her gift from Papaw and Nana is still on its way (it was ordered).
Wade left that afternoon for Nashville for a meeting. The kids and I played around and then went to church that evening. It was Andrew's last night for his club at church. Oh and Lori and Jon celebrated their SIX year anniversary on Sunday. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two! :) Ben and Stacy's were on Saturday and they celebrated FIVE years of marriage. Happy Anniversary to them as well. May is a popular month. We still have our anniversary and my brother and his wife's anniversary to go.
First thing Monday morning Andrew had an appointment to get two tiny cavities filled. We dropped Elizabeth off at school and went on to it. The cavities weren't deep enough to get a shot, but I did let them use the "happy gas" as they call it there. Oh my! It was hilarious. Elizabeth was a trip when she had it for her cavity a few months back. She was all yakky and laughing. Andrew just laid there with a HUGE grin on his face and would not talk. He closed his eyes half the time but continued to have that silly grin on his face. It is so interesting to see what drugs like that do to your children. He did great though with having the cavities filled. Thankfully, they were both baby teeth. I took him to get breakfast afterward before I took him to school.
I was back at the Barter Theater on Tuesday. Andrew's class had a field trip to go see Mrs. Nelson has a Field Day. I had signed up to just be a chaperon and did not want to drive the hour trip since I had just put the miles on my car on Friday to go there (yes, I'm already getting freaky about that!) and because gas prices are continuing to rise BUT I ended up driving. Not sure how that happened other than two kids were out and I think both their parents were originally supposed to. I hauled four kids and another parent (a dad) with me. It was interesting to find out that the dad who came along with me is a professor at ETSU and teaches computer and web design. I picked his brain to make sure I as getting a good deal on the web design for the school and also told him everything I was doing concerning it. I think he was surprised at how much I knew and that this girl with a degree in English had it all under control. LOL I enjoy computer stuff a lot though so it's been interesting for me to learn as I've been working on it all.
I saw Richard Rose, the artistic director, talking with the main character from the play we saw on Friday night who played A. P. Carter. Wade laughed at me when I told him what I did but I couldn't help myself. LOL When I walked in to the Barter Cafe and saw them talking, I had to stop and say, "You did such a great job Friday night!" I'm a dork, I know. BUT he was awesome, super super talented and I wanted to let him know I appreciated it.
So Wednesday my sweet Elizabeth Anne turned eight years old! :( and :) Oh the mix feelings of being happy for your child to be growing up and turning into such a great person but sad to know that, well, I can't bring myself to hardly say it, but in only ten more years she will be graduating and going to college. Booooohoo! Okay, must not think of the negative side. Must stay positive. She was so funny on Tuesday night though when I told her it was her last night going to bed as a seven-year-old. The dramatic child (don't know where she gets that!) made fists and said, "No! Waaaaah!" being silly.
She was all excited of course on her birthday morn. Lots of exciting things was going on for her that day: Besides it being her birthday of course they were getting to have their butterfly release program at school, they were having the annual second grade versus third grade kick ball game and that evening at church she was having the awards ceremony for their Bible club, Cadets for Christ. Plus, the headmaster at the school had called and left a message for her to wish her happy birthday, Aunt Lori came by the school and brought her a stuffed dog with balloons ("Puppy! puppy! puppy!" she kept saying in that annoying baby talk voice she does is what Lori said she kept doing when she delivered it!), the school sang to her as Mr. Mac, the stand-in P.E. teacher, carried her around the cafeteria on his shoulders (the image of this just cracks me up! LOL), AND she got third place at the church program for the first through third grade which is at least 20 kids. As she was going to bed, she said, "This is the best birthday ever!" I think both kids say this every year but as Wade added, "that's good!" We want it to be that way for them.

We got Elizabeth a die cut machine for her birthday, a Cuttlekids machine by Provo Craft. She loved it and wanted to play with it immediately. I was pleased with how quickly she learned how to use it and how easy it was for her to use. I had read a review online about it that was positive but hadn't found any other reviews to go by.

Kindergarten Fun Day was Thursday for Andrew. It was a day filled with games and playing outside (even in a sprinkler). I went to Daddy and Mom's for another day of organizing. We finished up the laundry room. Daddy and I took a run to the local dump and hauled off the 50+ year old refrigerator they had in there (along with another fridge and huge upright freezer). I convinced them after my speech last time on how much energy it was probably using. Plus, it was only 1/3 filled. Mom was able to rearrange how she had the room set up and make it easier to walk through.
Here are the snails that are still living at our house. They are to return to school next week back to their rightful habitat. ;)

2 comments:
I love your posts and how you go into great detail...
Wish a Happy Birthday to Elizabeth for me...she's such a sweet girl...
Hee! I noticed you said those snails will be returned back to the school...not just turning them outside in your own yard, huh? :D What fun celebrations for Elizabeth. I KWYM about feeling happy/sad about another one of their birthdays! Julia does not act (even pretend! :( ) about getting older. In fact it's often her teasing Brian and me, saying, "Soon I'll be 9..." And, "When Lauren goes to Kindergarten *I'll* be in 5th grade!"
Post a Comment