

All the kindergartners made signs to hang around the campus and here is Andrew's.

He did awesome saying his line about sea turtles. He spoke loud and clear. I think there was only one other that did that well and it just happened to be his best friend, Joshua. ;) I was proud of them all because they put on quite the show. He was the official "captain" for the class which he thought was awesome. He was proud of his captain's hat we bought at the party store and insisted on wearing it pushed down on his ears like that.
I told Elizabeth on that day (last Friday) that she if she found some snails at school at the program that she could take them home. Immediately when we got home from school, she was "googling" snail habitats and what she needed to take care of them. We took a cup to school and sure enough, she found two. She said she had to have more than one so they wouldn't be lonely. LOL We took the good ole fish tank that has been home to so many creatures (fish, crickets, butterflies, frogs, etc) and gave them some fresh lettuce. Elizabeth said she wondered how they were able to find lettuce on the ground at school.

Mom and Daddy came to the program. They are good about coming to all the various things that Elizabeth and Andrew have. I know they can sometimes be, well, sort of boring, but they know how happy it makes their grandkids. (Sorry, Daddy, that you have a half closed eye in this photo!)

For Mother's Day this year, I received so many sweet things from the kids (and Wade). Elizabeth made me a book and some coupons that she is adamant that I have to use. Andrew made me three cards. And then Wade gave me a sweet card with $$$ to buy the 28-135mm lens I want for my camera. :) I have yet to order that lens but really need to; this past week has just flown by.

Here are a few pages of the book Elizabeth made for me. "The thing I admire most about Mom is she is nice and kind (and sweet). She is the best mom I have ever had (and the only one).
"A funny moment with Mom is when me and my mom were the only ones at home and she let me have some M&Ms and she bumped into me and she spilled some of her M&Ms in my hand."And then the page Andrew made in class. They call this "Four Square Writing." "My mommy spoils me!" (He told me to lift that fuzzy ball flap and he had written "goop" under it. He said we are doing a craft in that photo.) "My mom is 36!" (I think his dear father told him I was this age one day. Oh brother! Try 31. I straightened him out on that one right away.) "She likes to scrap book!" (He told me he drew and numbered all the cubes I have on my shelves in my room.) "My mom helps me with stuff. I like my mom." (And obviously, we have once again made some glittery craft. LOL)

Photos of me with Lori, Larry, Daddy and Mom. (Jon was taking photos too so there is not one photo of us all looking at the same camera! LOL)

Mom with Uncle Scott, Aunt Monie and Nannie. (I must be really funny to get this reaction!) ;)

And guess what? Wade and I forgot to get a photo of me with the kids. Duhhhhh! I was so aggravated when I realized it TWO days later. Oh well! The church cookbook was handed out on Mother's Day and everyone seemed to love it. That made me happy since I spent so many hours on it. I already made two recipes out of it this past week.
I finished painting the last large shelving unit for my scrap room on Wednesday night. It looks really good. I know some may have thought it was all a farce since it's taken so long and you haven't seen any photos but here is one I took tonight. So here's the premier of my new scrap room.

Still have things to do - cut chipboard tags for the baskets, arrange the decor in the room and Daddy still has two more things to build for the room (small shelf to go behind my chair and a screen to hide the kitty litter box). I love it though!! I really just got it all cleaned up on Thursday night so I haven't even had a chance to scrap in it clean like this. I'm sure I will this week though.
Also on Wednesday I had a dermatologist appointment. He biopsied two moles and will have me come back in three weeks to remove one that was too large to shave. Ugh! Here we go again. If you think of me, then please pray that the pathology report will be fine. When I do go back they want to take new photos of me. Another ugh! I will probably be there for three hours that day because that is always a long process.
After my dermatology appointment I went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of flowers. I went home and planted around 75 of them. I still have a lot to plant in the back yard around the patio. I hope to do that this coming week. I enjoyed doing it and the weather was perfect that day. It even started sprinkling right after I finished and had started watering them.
Yesterday I ended up getting Andrew and Elizabeth out of school early to take Andrew to the pediatrician to have his two week long snotty nose looked at. My guess was correct. As always. I think I'm pretty good at spotting a sinus infection BUT what else would you expect with the poor boy having a congested green nose for that long? He got to where he was miserable and told me the night before "Momma, that tube in my nose gets clogged and the stuff goes down my throat." The nurse practitioner heard Elizabeth sniffing and looked up her nose. She was kind enough to not pull her chart but go ahead and write a prescription for antibiotics for both of them (to save me two co-pays). Honestly, I think they are both doing noticeably better.
Last night Wade and I went out to eat and to a play with some friends (actually, our woooooonderful babysitter's parents). We saw "Keep on the Sunny Side" at the Barter Theatre and ate at Alison's Restaurant in Abingdon, VA. Both were fabulous! It's been a while since we have been there so it was so fun to go back.
Elizabeth had her second piano recital this evening. She did wonderful! Again, not nervous at all. She amazes me in that aspect. I asked if she wanted to practice it one more time before she left. "No! I've already played it 1000 times. I know it!" And she did. Once again she got up, played it steady and on the beat, got up and bowed and sat down. LOL


Okay, I've saved for the end a long parade of recent (in the last month) cards and scrapbook pages I made. As always, close ups (and journaling for the pages) can be seen in my gallery at SBO (see the link to the right side bar)..jpg)

.jpg)












3 comments:
Great post...love the scrapbook pages. My Daniel graduates this Thursday. I wish my mom could be with us. David's mom will come over from VA but I doubt his dad will. Enjoy those special times..they aren't as boring to the grandparents as you might think.
You have a nice looking family.
how neat for Andrew - he looks adorable!!
BTW, I LOVE the colors of the cards you created!
you are so talented!
OMGoodness--how cute is Andrew in his play?! Love the sign too, but NOT the snail! Ick! She can come collect them from our yard anytime!! They've eaten too many of my plants to me to think anything fondly about them. ;) Also love your Mother's Day cards, etc., and your gift! Yay--your new lens! You've "survived" quite awhile without a zoom, I'm impressed. And I love love how your scraproom turned out! Nice color on the walls, and it contrasts nicely with the black shelf. Looks like your dad did a really good job on them! I had to chuckle at the seat cushion on your folding chair--got to be comfy when we scrap, right? ;) I need a big table like that, I think... Elizabeth looks so poised and pretty at her recital. Julia always says she isn't nervous before her plays, too! Which I don't understand; I was always nervous before speaking, etc. in public! Good for these girls to be so confident/well-prepared! I really like your cards and LOs too--nice colors and accents. The cards are really cute. The pics of Andrew dancing in his cowboy boots in the rain cracks me up! You did a great job on all of them. I like how you cut that star paper all curvy on the last LO. TFS! PS Sorry this is so long! You had a lot to share and I guess that made me have a lot to say! ;) hee hee
Post a Comment