Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crazy Hats. Christmas Drama (Finally Performed).

Our desktop computer is about eight years old, I Guess. It runs slooooow. I don't know if I can put enough "ooo"s to express how slow. I maybe have a year's worth of digital photos but between them and all the other programs, digital scrapbooking kits, scanned heritage photos, etc, I think it gets bogged down. On Monday I bought an external hard drive at Walmart - $69 for a 500 GB by Seagate. That was a steal especially since it retails on their website for $99! I have put almost two years of photos on it and there is still 445 GB left. (In reality it doesn't come with 500 GB but more like 465 GB because of the software and other junk they put on it.) I'm hoping after some more photo removal and a defrag the desktop will be running a bit faster. (Fingers crossed!)


The kids' church club last Wednesday night had "crazy hat night". They had different categories for prizes which included smallest hat and most unique hat. Andrew was going for smallest (Lego hat) and Elizabeth was going for the latter (deoderant cap that comes on a new bar). Oddly enough Andrew's hat was not the smallest. Some other boy brought an even smaller hat - not sure if it was a Lego hat or not. (Colors are completely off here. Oh well!)



A couple of weeks ago Andrew wore a sweatshirt to school that has his school logo on it (and we had ordered from Lands End). The next morning he put the same sweatshirt on again. Unwashed. I said, "Andrew, didn't you wear that yesterday?" He replied, "yes." I asked, "Don't you think you should wear something else since it's probably dirty?" He said, "It's not that dirty and I like wearing it. It's warm and comfy." Still I wanted to be sure he was making the right decision so I asked, "What if someone remembers you wore it yesterday and say something?" "I don't care," he said. So I told him, "Well, if you don't care then I don't care." And I don't. But I had to find that kid some more sweatshirts since he loves how the feel and doesn't care for sweaters. All I found out in town had some sport theme going on them which he doesn't like. Plus, they all seemed to be sports he isn't interested (basketball, soccer, baseball). So I ended up ordering two from Lands End at not the greatest price but I guess an average price. I know they'll be appreciated. I also checked out their sale items and ordered a few more items for both kids.


One item I ordered for Andrew was a down vest in a large size for next year (or possibly the year after). For $15 it was a great deal. Wade really liked it. He liked it so much he tried it on and decided he could wear a boys' extra large. (He normally wears a men's medium.) So I ordered him two BOYS SIZE vests last night. I think that is so funny. He proceeded to wear Andrew's vest around the house all evening. LOL He asked me today if his vests had shipped yet. And all you people thought I was a nut. ;)


Elizabeth finally got to perform the Christmas drama performance, "Last Stop Before Christmas", at school last night. They had practiced like crazy up until school was out but with our snowy weather it ended up getting cancelled. They had only three practices within the month since they got out of school so she was nervous about it but of course she did great. She ended up doing three different small parts - a mime, a pushy salesperson and a lady shopper. We really enjoyed it; quite comical!



Other things going on this week: Andrew is working on a Power Point presentation for class. His teacher was showing them how to use it, but I had to pick them up early last Friday before his turn with the teacher to learn about it. He and I have been working on it at home and he's loving it.


One thing he's not loving is the product of this.



He's been wasting food lately and trying to hide it. Not eating what I pack him at school and then sneaking food this one time in the trash. He did like it but had put too much on his plate (his doing not ours). I found this while vacuuming today and putting something in his trash can. Yep, he got in trouble.


Along with my attempt to blog more this year (and a couple of other things), one thing I am going to try to do is get back into scrapbooking. I love the creative side of it but don't want to take the time right now to get that into it. My friend, Lorrie, told me about Becky Higgin's Project Life album kit. I was going to buy the kit but at the time they were out so instead I bought the page protectors that go on the inside and decided to use my own papers and album like Ali Edwards does in hers. I am excited to get it and get started. The kids want me to scrapbook again too as they enjoy my work and love seeing their photos scrapped. I think this will help me to get started and I can always put regular scrapbooked pages inbetween the others. It is supposed to be here before a crop with friends next weekend! Yay! My friends at our girls' weekend in Pigeon Forge earlier this month inspired me to start again too.


I'll get to November next time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the project life stuff, and I think it's such a great idea. I would love to start something like that, but I'm really bad about not finishing things!

Thank you for your comment on my blog about the book labels. I think I have fixed the problem now, so if you'd like to try to download them now you can. Let me know how they work!