I was listening to the audio Bible application on my phone this morning while getting ready. (My listening comprehension is much better than my reading comprehension. I find I get more out of my Bible reading if I listen to it. The free app I use is by Bible.is.) I am currently in Mark and got tickled over these verses:Mark 9:5-6 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. [And here's the kicker:] For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.
For some reason that just cracked me up. If you know anything about the deity of Christ then you know to put earthly, carnal men up there with Jesus was a big no-no. But poor old Peter just didn't have anything better to say and he obviously felt the need to say something. I was thinking how many times we do the same thing. How many times do we not know what we're talking about but want to hear our sweet little voices yap so we say something we shouldn't. That was my chuckle and my lesson for the day. Maybe the Lord was trying to tell me something. Hopefully, He was telling me ahead of time, and it wasn't something I've already done.
Fun stuff today . . .
* I saw a baby turtle when I was pulling into our neighborhood this morning. He was about three inches in diameter. I almost had a moment of weakness to pull over and pick him up and take him home for the kids. I'm glad the fact that I have a frog (and crickets!) already living in my home quickly flitted through my mind. I kept driving.
* I bought this to possibly be my phone caddy. The natural wicker color doesn't go with my kitchen or decor so I bought a can of black spray paint. I may also try out some ideas floating in my head of putting some type of scrapbook paper or fabric inside to hide the cords that will go in it. That was my original intention. Since we bought a new phone recently. You can't find wall phones that are cordless and have answering machines. Now this one is wall mountable but could you imagine it sticking out of the wall as it is? LOL The wicker basket is a CD case I found on clearance this morning at Office Depot for under $3. I can't decide if it sits too high or not. I wanted low profile so we'll see. I'll get Wade's opinion.

* Some of the beautiful flowers around the house I planted last weekend.
When I visited my parents last week my dad wanted to take me to a greenhouse a few minutes down the road. I was needing to buy some flowers and the ones they had already bought from the Mennonite family that owns the greenhouse were beautiful. So we went and I bought. They had such beautiful flowers that I wish I could have bought more. Standing in the greenhouses full of lantanas, phlox, scarlet sage, petunias, nasturtiums, pentas, impatiens, alyssum, vinca, oh the list goes on but standing there among all that beauty I felt SO HAPPY. My mom probably thought I was losing it because I said several times, "All these flowers make me so happy." They made me smile. (I have to add that the prices made me smile too! Their prices are at least half of what you would find any any of the home and garden stores.)

Here are some pretty blooms already in my yard.
Elizabeth has never been interested in doing much yard work but I asked if she wanted to help plant flowers with me. Surprisingly, she was anxious and excited. I had bought some snap dragons because Daddy and Mom have always had them. My dad use to make the dragon mouth open and close by gently mashing the bloom with his thumb and forefinger. :) I let Elizabeth decide where to plant them. This is how my girl likes to normally pass her time.

* I finally got these pictures hung yesterday. This is what you call "cheap elegance". They had different colored frames that I sprayed black to match the rest of the decor in my dining room. Total project including spray paint = $15!

Happy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment