Last night was Elizabeth's drama performance, Once on This Island, Jr., a Broadway musical junior version. Last Friday was her voice recital. She sang "All I Do Is Dream of You" from "Singing in the Rain" and did a fabulous job.

Yes, I know I'm partial to her but she was in tune, enunciated well, sang with feeling, and didn't mess up. To think she's been taking voice lessons for three months! All the voice students sang a group song too ("Good Morning" also from "Singing in the Rain). She still has a piano recital this month, a talent show at school, and she's going to play a song in the fifth grade Sunday school department for all the kids.


Our airfare is bought, hotel rooms are reserved and a rental car is secured for my and Wade's trip in less than a month! Unfortunately, we are not going to Ireland (we won't even go into my feelings about that but I am resigned to the fact and am excited about this trip) but going to Santa Fe, New Mexico instead. I'm not a beach destination vacation kinda girl with my history. I wasn't really interested in a cruise this time. I wanted something romantic but adventurous and historical too. I did some research and Santa Fe seemed to fit the bill. I can not wait!
Meet Oliver, our newest family member. He's a Pacman frog, aka Ornate horned frog.

Yep, I did something I never thought I would - get a frog. Annnnnnd, I'm considering letting Elizabeth get a gecko in the coming months. She has to prove she will hold one first. LOL She's always been fascinated with lizards and snakes (we ain't doing snakes people!) so we'll see if she can meet that first requirement.
Andrew's third grade teacher has taught the class so much about frogs, lizards, worms, crickets, etc this year as they have all of them in their class as pets. Andrew started off wanting a bearded dragon and has been saving his money but after we did some research and I learned they grow to be around two feet long, I said no. I have said yes to many things I never thought I would, but I have to put my foot down sometimes. I'm already dreading the day our little Oliver grows big enough to eat, *gulp*, pinky mice. I know, ewwww! We are already having to have small crickets in our house for his twice daily meal. Yes, I currently have around 20 crickets in my house. My Nice. Clean. Home. (Add to that the frog itself all the fish in Elizabeth's room and I may just pass out if I dwell on it too much.)
Other things we've been up to . . . I helped last Friday with a local Habitat for Humanity House. I manned the chop saw (miter or circular saw) to cut all the boards for the men. All that stuff my daddy taught me came in handy. I was quite proud, I have to say! I am going back two more days to help and I hope I get to do it again. (In all honesty, it beats hammering for several hours which I am not good at and I know will make muscles I never use hurt! So yeah, call it laziness.)
Teacher Appreciation Week was last week so being a member of the PTO and a parent who tries to show appreciation for the teachers, I helped plan some things for the teachers and also made some treats from the kids. I got these ideas from others' blogs. The cupcake in a jar was my favorite! Apple Caramel - yummm!


Treat Jar (for Andrew's teacher)


Tea-rrific Teacher Tea Bags (kinda cheesey I know but it was a simple, cheap gift for the teachers the kids don't have every day - Library, Art, Music, Spanish and P.E.)

Skip to My Lou has LOTS of great ideas and tutorials on things like Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas. Go take a look!
I was a "good girl" yesterday and got a lot of house cleaning done so today I let myself do some blog-hopping which I have not done in ages. Weeks at least. Here are some fun things I found and wanted to share.
Popcorn in a Bag (Do-it-yourself microwave popcorn!)
No-Sew Fabric Flowers (This are seriously cute and easy too. I want to make one or two this afternoon!)
After the storm that moved through our area last night, I'm going to enjoy this beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment