If Wade hadn't been in tax season, then I would have loved for him to have taken the day off so we could celebrate the start of our dream. He got home around 6 to watch Vanderbilt beat Harvard in the start of March Madness.
Being the sweet hubby that he is, he stopped watching before it was over (he knew they were going to win LOL) and loaded us all up so we could go drive to OUR land. Yay!
I took my "good" camera this time and tried to get some photos, but it was too late in the evening and we were too busy having fun.
Abandoned fun.
We have grapevines to swing on!
See this pile in our woods? It will be gone soon. ;)
Walking through our woods is fun. We have almost 2 acres of woods. There will be many years of work to do in here we have decided because of the where the previous owner had logged part of it.
This is a panoramic shot taken on the ridge where our house will sit. I was trying to capture a good photo of our beautiful mountains but they were a little hazy. I have a feeling I'll be posting a lot like these in the future in an effort to capture the perfectness of our property. (Click to see it larger.)
The happy and blessed landowners compliments of Elizabeth. (I really need to work with them on their photography skills. LOL) And by the way, several of us were in our lounge clothes or partial pajamas when we decided we would drive to see it so please excuse our fancy attire. ;)
Wade and I can see how God has worked several ways throughout this process so far. It's exciting. One way was how Wade wanted to push back the closing date to March 15 instead of February 15. This allowed rates to drop even more and secure us an even better interest rate. Plus, it allowed us time to find a different bank willing to offer us a better rate because they wanted our loan. AND another way was through something I don't want to spell out exactly to keep some financial privacy but because of us waiting it allowed us to get a better rate on our financing of the land.
God is good!








1 comment:
Yeah!!! Congratulations Leslie, looking forward to reading about your journey friend.
Post a Comment