My stomach dropped and I felt excitement building inside as we drove down the road on Saturday and looked over to see our property.
Can you see it? It was a bulldozer sitting atop our ridge.
Do you see our boy's excitement?? Ha ha!
When we came upon the land we saw what had been done. We now have a trench for our underground utilities. Yay! It better be a good trench too for what it is costing us (mainly from the power board - ouch!).
It was neat to walk down it and look at all the roots from the trees, see where the previous owner had filled in some of the field with burned wood from logging the back acreage and discover two large rocks they had to go around. (I wish I had taken photos of inside or along the trench itself. Maybe next weekend! I took the below pictures from the sunroof of Wade's truck as we were leaving. :))
Andrew declared it was the perfect size for the 4x4 RC truck he wants. We learned that no matter if we think we're only going to the land for a few minutes that we HAVE to take our Muck boots along. We had to wash all our shoes that night when we got home. I think we'll be seeing a lot of clay mud in our future.
There was quite a bit of playing on the bulldozer.
And of course lots of running and chasing. For some reason my children get in this mood to run as soon as they are deposited from the vehicle here. Must be the wide open space!!!!
The space for our house had been surveyed and all the stakes were in place for our rooms. We walked around the "house" and took in our back "grilling" porch view. We also walked in each room to see how big they looked. (Not very big among almost 17 acres.)
We took a family photo of us on our "front porch". I brought my tripod to get this one. My friend, Patty, who built a house a few years ago suggested it. (Thanks, Patty!) We are literally standing where the front porch will be (at least the stake said so!). I'd like to get another when it's all said and done. Maybe we should wear the same outfits. ;)
Before I left I had to capture the gorgeous view from our "West porch". That's what I'm calling it because it's our side porch that faces the West and I heard this title for a porch in a book or on a movie and thought it was good. Hee hee. I have this picture as my wallpaper on my laptop right now. It makes me happy. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment