I brought the kids' Easter baskets out of the attic late this afternoon (finally). This evening we dyed eggs and it was the first time we did it without Wade. :( It's our second year to not have Wade's dad here to celebrate with us. I went back and looked at last year's Easter post to make sure what I thought I knew. I see I was having problems then with not taking photos. I'm thinking it may be a bad time of year for me in general with the way Wade is working and all.
We used regular ole' food coloring for the dye. I brought out my pint-size jars this year to use as we could dye more than one egg at a time if needed. (No more fighting over a color!) I found eggs for 99 cents a dozen at Food City so I bought 2 dozen for the kids plus had 6 left from another dozen in the fridge.
We tried using hot glue but that didn't work too well. For the most part when Andrew had put a design on the egg, dyed it then tried to take the glue off, the shell cracked ruining the egg.
I ended up getting out a small box of Crayola crayons and those proved to be their favorite way to decorate.
Some of their work . . .
"He is not here for he has risen as he said." She had written this verse on an Easter card for our shut-in ministry at church.
My sweet egg dyers who missed their daddy. Hopefully next year they're not too old to still dye eggs and he'll be able to join us.
One of me with Andrew. I have to hold down the fort when Wade is away. Thankfully, tax season is almost over!















No comments:
Post a Comment