Front entry
I made this simple envelope pillow cover one Saturday afternoon. I cut out leaves and acorns from freezer paper using my Cricut. I arranged the negative parts of the freezer paper on my fabric and ironed it on then used several different acrylic craft paints. I added some brown metallic paint to give it a little shimmer, warmth and dimension. I just wish I had used a different yellow. We are our worse critics, aren't we? (See this post for more details to DIY.)
One of the happiest things about getting my fall decor out was that I had a LOT of new items I had forgotten I bought almost two years ago. Year before last I went to Hobby Lobby when they had their fall decor items marked 80% off. Since I didn't decorate last year, it was like Christmas when I started pulling items out this year. It was so fun! This is one of the simple items I had bought and paid under $2 that I probably would have never bought even at half price. But 80% off - it was a great buy! ;)
Great Room
I bought this glass blown pumpkin at Marshall's last month when on vacation.
My fireplace for now. I want to add more fall items, specifically some type of garland.
A cute acorn I bought at Michael's recently. :)
I filled a hurricane vase with this beautiful fall potpourri that was part of the goodies I found.
Look, I finally have a lamp in our built-ins. I had intentions of buying a simple pole lamp and DIY'ing one to give it texture using drift wood. I had found the idea on.....can you guess? Yes, Pinterest, but I have had a hard time coming across drift wood. I did get several pieces while at the beach this past winter but for some weird reason it's hard to find on our beach at Isle of Palms. So I finally relented and decided to buy one that I liked. I wanted wood and some type of texture. I found this at Marshall's.
Dining Room Table
These gorgeous glazed ceramic pumpkins were some of the things I forgot I had bought. I pulled one out of a bag and was so excited. Imagine my happiness when I found two more! I had also bought the fabric-like leaves two years ago at Hobby Lobby.
Kitchen
This is the hall chest in the entry area from our garage to our kitchen. I always have had a hard time decorating it with the two levels on top. This is how it's currently looking for fall. Subject to change. Ha ha.
Some of the turkey feathers from our land. I found the leaf idea on Pinterest, followed the website for directions and made myself one. I used the same process as the pillow above with freezer paper, my Cricut and burlap. I used a metallic brown craft paint that gives it a great sheen. Here's a peek at the process below.
I think I actually put this little wreath up a week before Labor Day. I have been itching to decorate for a while, I tell ya! I like how this looks. I used a 3M Command hook. I may have to replace it with a Christmas one come December.
West Porch
This Indian corn is some my parents gave me probably not long after Wade and I were married. It's from some my dad had grown many years ago. My dear kitties (I think just Dory) has been messing with it obviously as I noticed several kernels had been busted (eaten?). My friend, Katy, gave me the leaf covered jar either last year or the prior year. (She made them using this technique.)
My only two pumpkins from my garden before the powdery mildew got the plants. I am just leaning my little "welcome" sign up for now. I want to make this (below) or have my dad help make it eventually. For my version I want to make the arm that extends out have a pole to hang a flag on it also.
I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my fall decor. I have a few more areas "lightly" decorated and hope to add more. We bought some mums the other day that I plan on adding to the urns by the front door.
Fall will officially be here Sunday! :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment