Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Boy is 12!

Andrew turned 12 on the thirteenth. I can't believe it. Next year I will officially have TWO teenagers. :(

All kids are excited about their birthdays but this one was pretty important to him. He has told me he doesn't look forward to being an adult and all the responsibilities and work that comes with it but he does look forward to being a teenager and getting some more responsibilities, liberty, and independence. (With those last two words together I about started singing the Star Spangled Banner. It's a quirky trait from my side of the family when we hear phrases or groups of words together and a song pops into our head. LOL)

He thought he didn't want to have a party. And he didn't have a "friend" party but he did have two friends spend the night on Friday. I had a baby shower to attend that evening so Wade took the boys out to eat to Five Guys and then they came home to play Nerf, Wii, jump on the trampoline, watch movies, and play Legos. I think they went to bed around midnight. Wade took breakfast orders the next morning and picked up food from Burger King. They liked that!

We also had a "family" party the next day for lunch.








Andrew directed our singing to the birthday song. :) 



Then Wade and I went out to dinner for my birthday. I turned....should I really tell? Nah. Okay, most (if not all) who read this know me so I'll concede. I turned 29 again for the eighth time. (Thirty-seven, ya'll!) I'm okay with that though. I don't like the fine lines I'm getting but hey, I'd rather be alive than the alternative as I always say. Having had several melanomas I can say that truthfully and mean it! I want to grow old with my husband by my side. <3 p="">

No comments: