Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dreams/plans Concerning Remodeling/redecorating Our House.

Well, Wade and I have been talking about some of these things and I truly think most of them will get done. Our immediate change we want to do (which may be next Spring/Summer) is to

1) tear off our screened-in deck and other deck, and make it larger. The two French doors in the LR will be replaced with windows since we use the door in the kitchen. Also, I want to replace a window in our room with a door, put up a privacy wall on the side of the deck facing our next door neighbors and put a hot tub there. Now, Wade isn't all up for that addition to our plan but I think it sounds great! ;)

2) We also plan to replace our kitchen countertops with Granite. We saw a color/pattern we like that is black with golden brown flecks and a eensy weensy bit of red. This color would go perfectly with our red kitchen walls and oak cabinets (which I wish were cherry but we ARE not getting into the expense of that - I'll wait until our dream home!). I had talked about painting the bottom of our oak table black so that it didn't blend so much with the floor and cabinets but now we are

3) talking about getting a new kitchen table. One that is dressier so we can use our china and silver because

4) we want to make the formal DR into an office for Wade. He saw some nice bi-folding French doors to put over the entrance there. It's a convenient place to have an office b/c it's not near the areas of the house that the kids tend to congregate (their rooms, the kitchen and the playroom). On HGTV or TLC one, I saw a great idea for me to dress up our fireplace.

5) Take off the gray marble and replace it with the beautiful mosaic tiles they have now in 12 inch sections. A nice warm tan color (like the color of ceramic tile we have in our guest bath and laundry room) would be beeeeeautiful!! :) Other things we would like to do is

6) replace the lineoleum in the kids' bathroom with ceramic tile (laid at an angle of course!) and

7) replace our floor as well as tear out the shower insert and the white tiles surrounding the whirlpool tub and tile it.

When will this ever get done? I don't know! We really do plan on starting on the deck/kitchen maybe next Spring. We love our house and neighborhood and have decided to just stick here a while, keep sinking money into the house loan and upgrading the house. We figure in 10 or so years, all the people living in these 800K houses that cannot afford it will have to go bankrupt (since the realty here is through the roof and we've heard stories of people who live in these houses have to live off credit cards and get their homes reappraised every two years so they can get more equity to pay off their cards so they can get more!! Whew! Run on sentence there, sorry!) and we will be able to get a gorgeous house for a good price. We'll see. If it doesn't all come to pass, that's okay. Dreaming is part of all the fun.

No comments: