Today, A and I mopped the whole house. Well, not the entire house but the places where we have hardwood or tile. He is such a worker at his young age that is amazes me. I didn't depend on him to really do a complete job, but hey, any help is still help!! He and I have had a good day, thankfully. Yesterday started off okay but last night he had a melt down and Wade had to come home to relieve me despite the fact that he needed to be at the office. He made A promise that he would be good today. Anyway, I still don't know what the perfect cleaner is to mop hardwood floors. I used, I think it was Spic & Span today and the smell always gives me a headache! Ugh!
Other things: When I had picked E & A up from school yesterday, A began asking about getting saved again. He has been so interested in all this - heaven, hell, being bad, the devil, etc. He has also been confused and I think he thought that he would die when he got saved. ??? Anyway, I think I cleared that up for him and explained that we don't know when we die that we get saved so that when it does happen, we are ready. Well, he says, "I want to be saved." The boy is almost four and I know he's very smart but this sort of knocked me off my feet. (Well, not really, I was driving down the road!) I explained that he needed to understand salvation before he could be saved. He wanted to know what you did to be saved. I said that Daddy or me would read some verses from the Bible and then we would pray a prayer. He said again, that he wanted to. I told him when Daddy got home that we would talk about it with him. Later that afternoon when he was riding his jeep around the yard, I brought it up again. He said he wanted to wait before he did it. I don't want him to make a "profession" that isn't real because he doesn't understand but then I think he does understand more than what a lot of kids do at his age and even older. He learns the Bible at church and we have family devotions every night plus he learns some from preschool. E has yet to tell us she wants to be saved. We always thought she would be the first one but now I'm not so sure!
Right now, E & A are dressed in their Halloween costumes and playing together. E also has a purple tye-dyed sleeveless dress on over her leopard costume if you can imagine!! I better go start thinking about sides for supper tonight. We are having BBQ ribs. I think I'm going to make some fruit salad and steamed squash medley to go with it. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. . . .
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment