Yes, I'm trying to catch up on a whole week already!! I've told several that I think this past week was one of my busiest weeks ever - really! Here's a brief run down . . .Monday: Already talked on that some but that night I had my monthly crop at the store.
Tuesday: Took E and A to school, worked out at the fitness center, cleaned house, went to E's school and read to her class (BTW, she read a story from our Dick and Jane collection to her class on this day!!), then we went to the pediatrician for E (her nose has been runny for about a month and I knew it was her allergies but needed a prescription or something - he upped her dosage of Zyrtec), then we dropped off our insurance payment (house and umbrella policy), ran by the library and made it to the dentist (for E again) at 3:30. After her cleaning we went home and I started supper. After supper, I continued to clean the house and was still vacuuming at 8:30 while the kids were in the bath. I was quite exhausted that night!
Wednesday: Took E to school, went home and cleaned just a little more before Ferrissa and Caleb came over for a playdate. It's been about a year since we've had them over. Pitiful, I know! The boys played in A's new sand box and then ate lunch, caught up on each other lives and then I was off again to get E!! Made and ate supper and then went to Lowe's before church that night to exchange the stain color we picked out for the treehouse.
Thursday: Took the kids to school, E at a field trip this day. We left at 9:30 and I drove 4 kindergartners (counting E) to JCMC to see "Wings" and a robot and "doll surgery." We ate at the hospital cafeteria which was surprisingly good! I drove the kids back to school and had just enough time to run to the fitness center and do my circuit before I had to get the kids to go home! Whew! I think we had leftovers this night for supper and Wade went back to work. I did laundry, the kids played and then I gave them baths. Bedtime!
Friday: Took E to school, A and I ran by Wal-Mart for a few items. We came back home and I started on supper for that evening. We invited Dave and Brianna over for supper and fellowship! I have wanted to have them over for probably two years! It was nice to finally get it planned. Their lives are probably busier than ours with the youth group at church. I made grape salad, mac and cheese and spinach-parmesan spread and put it in the fridge - the two waiting to be baked later that afternoon. Afterward, I cleaned up the house again, ate lunch and it was all too quickly time to get E again! Cleaned house more and Wade came home around 4:45. Dave and Brianna (and don't forget Cristian) came over at 5:30. We had spinach-parmesan spread for an appetizer and grilled marinated strip steaks, baked mac and cheese, baked sweet and Irish potatoes, and pesto bread for dinner. Soon after, I whipped up some fudge pie and baked it while we talked. It was so delicious served warm with Mayfield (my favorite diary food brand!!) vanilla bean ice cream. Yummy!! They left around 9-ish. We quickly put the kids to bed and stayed up to watch one of our new favorite shows, Numbers.
Saturday: Got up and ready and drove to the pumpkin patch at Myer's Farm. We were gone for almost 3 hours picking a pumpkin, going on a hayride, doing a craft in the loft and roasting hotdogs for lunch. We came back and had leftovers from the night before for an early supper and the boys washed the van and truck while E and I relaxed inside. It was a great Saturday. Wade even got to watch some football which I was happy for him to get to do!! We all took showers and the kids went to bed around 8:45. Wade and I watched some TV and then beddy bye for us!
Sunday: "Round Up Sunday" at church. Lori and I were chosen to be the judges this year for the best dressed cowboy and cowgirl among the adults at church. We had around 850 in Sunday school. We had like 83 in primary church. We knew we would have a LOT so we had them split midway (boys and girls). We had about seven or so helpers (aka, crowd control!) with us. After church there was a ham and pinto bean dinner with cornbread, corndogs, etc at church. It was actually good! Since we ate there we got home early. Made for an early nap and then the kids played a while before we had to go back for preschool choir, God's Little Lambs and Wade had a deacon's meeting before church. The kids didn't get in bed that night until 9:30. Actually, A ended up staying up until about 11 with me and Wade came home from work (he went back for about an hour and a half to do a little) and laid down with him for a while. He was being a sweetie so it was hard for Wade to refuse him! ;)
Monday - Today!: A woke up around 8:15 but didn't make too much noise this morning so I was able to sleep/lay in bed until about 8:45. That was nice! I had stayed up late scrapbooking working on a challenge on our lss website: http://www.cropperscorral.com/. Anyway, I finished that today while the kids played in the sandbox for 1.5 hours! They had to come in b/c of a fight of course or they may have been out there most of the day. They played inside after lunch nicely and then I had to take them to the ped's office to get a flu shot at 3:55. Wade met me there since A is known to completely freak out when he has to be looked at in any capacity (whether it's just to hear his heart, look in his ears, trying to get his teeth cleaned, etc). He used to do so well at the doctor's - better than E even. He would breathe in so nice for them and had even got where the doc didn't have to use a tongue depressor to look inside his mouth. Then something happened, I don't know what! I had to take him to the allergy doctor a while back and he got so scared he crawled back in behind the patient bed which was cattycornered in the patient room and I could hardly get him out! Then when I took him recently for his first cleaning at the dentist, he would not open his mouth and the poor hygienist tried and tried to make him feel comfortable with no avail. We left not having to pay anything to give you an idea of how it ended! So back to today - he screamed and he screamed loudly! I had them call him back first and Wade went with him. The whole waiting room could hear him and I piped up that yes, that was my boy and that was exactly the reason I had his daddy leave work and come to help!! LOL E did great. She fought back tears and tried to be brave. The lady gave us two coupons for free McDonald's fries as we left. That cheered them up and E was fine by then. I remember getting those coupons when I was a kid and thought that was just so great! It is for the kids and the parents!!
For dinner I picked up a couple of pizzas at Pizza Hut. E and I ran into a consignment shop while we waited for it to be ready. I normally don't find those type stores to have anything of my liking but I found two dresses for E - ones she liked!! One was 7.99 and the other was 9.99. They were name brand and in good shape. Both kids are in dire need of winter clothes. It seems that the cold weather may have arrived but then today it got up to 80 degrees.
Tonight, I have been catching up on email and this crazy blog that I'm trying to use as a journal (for me and to help with my scrapbooking). Wade is in the dining room working on his laptop. We keep tossing around the idea of making that an office for him instead of him working downstairs in the guest room where the PC is. He can use his laptop in the dining room and thought about trying out the table as a desk so we wouldn't have to sell it. It's such a beautiful table that we would hate to give it up and we don't have room to store it (and don't want to pay to store it!). He seems to be getting some work done though and he said his wireless internet signal seems to be better since he's right there at the top of the steps.
I need to get off here and see if I can get some scrapbooking done for the store. They gave me materials to design with a week and a half ago and I've yet to even pull it out of the bag. I have been busy reading a new series I borrowed from Lorrie by Beverly Lewis - the Abram's daughter series. It's really good. I've almost finished the second book in not even a week yet. Better go! I've already been typing this for almost an hour (between getting up and helping the kids too).
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment