Whew! I'm taking a moment to catch up. This weekend was busy as usual. Friday, I went to pick up Daisy at 4:30 and then got us some pizza from Pizza Hut. Daisy seemed to be just fine. Again, all the vet workers commented on her being such a sweet cat. When I pulled into the garage, Wade pulled in right behind me. He left a little earlier so the pizza wouldn't be cold. We ate and then went outside to finish shoveling the sand into the box. E & A played all evening while we worked. They love their new sandbox! We stayed outside working until it got too dark to see. I hate when it starts getting dark early and the weather is still mild. We all got washed up and then went to bed.
On Saturday, we slept in a little (8:30 - yay!!) and then we got ready, ran to Lowe's to look at stain and deck wash for the treehouse. We then dropped the kids off at Mom & Daddy's and went to eat lunch with the Cross family. Mrs. Cross was one of my OM coaches in middle school. I always looked up to her and enjoyed getting to know her then. It was exciting to see her again and she was surprised to learn that Wade was married to me. They had invited us over because a couple of their children were in and they wanted him to explain their estate to them. Wade said he had told her he was married to me but it didn't click until she answered the door. She was excited to see me too which was nice! The food was delicious - I always enjoy a FREE meal! ;) We didn't pick up the kids until 3. The Crosses only live about 3 minutes from Mom & Dad so that was nice. We got home and immediately started working outside. Wade cleaned the wood on the treehouse and I started taking up two flowerbeds that I have wanted gone since we moved in here! They were both full of lilies so I spent a little time trying to find homes for them. I didn't want to throw away all the flowers! One of our neighbors took some and then I put about 40 in a trash bag to take by Ferrissa's on Sunday. The rest is sitting in the yard right now. I guess I will be throwing them away but at least I saved some! I was soooo happy to get those beds cleaned. I took up the timbers that bordered them and had to pry them apart with a crowbar. I still need to rake and level the area and then eventually plant grass. Of course we worked until dark again and again we took baths and put the kids to bed. We had time to watch a little TV before bed so that was nice.
Sunday was church. Our kids in primary church behaved okay this Sunday. After church, E rode home with Mom & Dad as usual and A stayed with us. We ran the lilies to Ferrissa and Wade loaded the truck with items we needed to take back to Daddy and three five-gallon buckets of sand to take to Bobby for their sand box. Mom & Daddy had just started eating when we finally got there for dinner. We ate, talked and then went home for short naps before we went back. E had choir practice and then she & A had God's Little Lambs that night. A is so excited about being in it this year and he can't wait until he's four so he can be in the preschool choir. I'm glad he has changed and matured to this point. Last year he wanted nothing to do with the choir when we mentioned him eventually getting to be in it! That night we socialized until we were the last to leave the church. That has happened more than once for sure but it has been a while. We were going to run by McDonald's after church for some food but their credit card machine was tore up. When we ran by White's to get money out of the ATM, that was tore up. Wade wanted to drive on to Food City to use their ECU ATM but I was ready to go home. We talked the kids into waiting and I fixed them some food at home. "Just like McDonald's" was what A said when he ate the chicken nuggets and fries I had made him! They finally got in bed around 10:30. They hadn't stayed up that late in a long time. Wade and I went to bed then too.
Today: took E to school, A and I ran by McDonald's for our traditonal Monday morning breakfast and then on to Walmart for groceries. We then went home, I unloaded groceries, and then started working around the house - replacing a light bulb, starting a load of clothes, picking up toys and things that had accumulated in the kitchen over the weekend, etc. We didn't eat lunch until 12:30 and he talked me into having a "picnic" outside on the front porch so he could ride his Jeep. That kid will not play outside without someone at his side.
I will catch up later. I have to pack my scrapbook supplies for our monthly crop tonight at the store. A is giving me a hard time too. He keeps bugging E as she tries to build a tower with the wood blocks! Arghhh!! He's beside me screaming right now. I feel a headache coming. . . .
Monday, October 3, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment