Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hair Cuts and Lava Girls.

So here's what I made on Tuesday night, Grilled Chicken Wraps. Click on the name to get the recipe.
The kids even like it. I didn't put the tomatoes in theirs though. ;) I was going to grill tonight but Mom called and said she had leftovers still and would we be interested when we came over tonight for the boys to get haircuts? Uh, yeah! She doesn't have to ask this girl twice. FREE and especially FREE FOOD has always been a coveted word(s) in the Farmer family. We don't pass it up. Oh, btw, the chicken wraps were better the next night when we had leftovers. We warmed them up in our toaster oven and they weren't mushy like wraps can get when reheated. Just perfect!

I got my haircut today. I really like it. I keep wanting to be bold and get some cute shorter-than-it-already-is style but I'm not sure if I'm up to hear the negativity from other people. It's sort of crazy when you're 30 and still worry about that, huh? Anyway, I'm going to take some hairstyles I've seen and show my hairstylist when I go back next month. I updated my avatar at SBO with a photo Elizabeth took of me this afternoon.

Wade took the kids to their art lessons while I went to get my hair cut. On our way home, we got behind a semi truck whose driver must have been learning to drive one. We were probably less than five minutes from home but waited on the semi truck to try turning around three times that took at least 15 minutes of waiting. I was feeling real patient at first but then began to feel a little perturbed after 10 or so minutes had passed of me sitting in 85 degree heat with my air conditioning blasting to keep us cool. Yes, I think it was the cost of gas I was wasting that aggravated me the most!

Oh, exciting news today!! My sweet friend, Annie (well, her hubby is okay too ;)) found out yesterday that she is having twins!! Woohoo! I am so excited for them and even feeling a little scared for her too. She's feeling the same way she said. I know she can handle it though because she's worked the last few years at a childcare center and handled a room full of toddlers on her own. Twins run on both sides of their families and Tony was wanting twins from the beginning. When she called and told me, I didn't believe her at first. I thought she was joking around with me because we have that type of crazy friendship. She finally convinced me and Tony emailed me the ultrasound pictures while we were talking so then I had no doubts. I can't wait! As Tony said, "Ask, and ye shall receive, and ye shall receive!" LOL

You know my hardworking boy? Well, he's been at it again. Yesterday, Andrew mopped my bathroom for me and today he mopped the guest bathroom and laundry room. Plus, he vacuumed the whole upstairs yesterday. I don't know how well that was done, but he does great mopping. I paid him $2 and he was ecstatic. Elizabeth spent most of yesterday working on her "Lava Girls" comic. It's a spinoff of the Volcano Sisters from Backyardigans. She said she started having the girls in her class at school would play it sometimes. I know there's a movie, Shark Boy and Lava Girl but this is her own little take on it, I suspect.

Elizabeth has decided to get her hair cut short. She will be having it done tonight. I'll have to post a "before" and "after" photo. :)

The kids worked on their Father's Day cards today. I helped them but they picked out most everything. I'll have to take a photo on Sunday and post them too. I ran to Target yesterday while the kids were at art lessons (a make up lesson) and got Wade a couple of small things for Father's Day. I have a card already made that I think I'll give him.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

:O ........That is me reading about Elizabeth getting her hair cut short! I bet it looks cute, though! I love her comic strip, just that she came up with the idea! Julia said she wants to write a bunch of books, called the Lily Boo Leo series (loosely after those crazy Junie B books!). So far she's just done one--still waiting for the next! ;))

allison strine said...

Hey Leslie! Thanks so much for checking in with me, and now I have a great new blog to read! I love your dinner, and may have to try it too!! Yay for bloggage!

Krystin said...

you look so cute with short hair...you are always getting cute haircuts :)
I picked out my step-kids father's day present for their dad...I thought it was last week and digured I wouldn't have time to take them shopping...lol @ me :)

Krystin said...

oh, by the way, that last comment was 'calicanadiangirl' from sbo...in case you didn't know :)