Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sweetness and Goodness.

I'm still "working" on my blog challenge on what I think courage means. I have a Word document open but just haven't had time to think and type. I do have a plan of one thing that spoke to me on Sunday while at church concerning courage.

Yesterday, two good/happy things happened after I had blogged. The first one being that when I came upstairs I thought, "Hmmm. . . I have heard the kids in a while. Wonder what they're up to?" Thankfully, they are at the age where they may get "into" something they shouldn't but it's not usually something that just makes you want to scream or pull out your hair. BUT my little angels were in Elizabeth's room and were singing songs from one of those books that have the buttons to push to hear the tune with the song. They had gone into there earlier after their pool fun to "start the reading program" as Elizabeth said. Thought that was cute. She had begun to read him books and write them down on the papers I had typed up and printed for them.
But back to the story of them singing. Two hours later, they were still in her room, playing so nicely together. They would try to sing to the songs in the book and if they didn't remember the song, Elizabeth would read it to Andrew so they would know it and if they couldn't sing it quick enough with the music, then they would practice once or twice and then play the music again to sing with it. They would congratulate themselves too on singing it. LOL I SO wished our video camera worked. Grrrr! I wanted to record their sweet voices some way. Of course Wade said, "Couldn't you have used your camera to video it?" Duh! I forgot my camera does short clips like that. Oh well! Here they are later when they were singing. I did take a few photos of them. I gotta scrap it. ;)
So the other good/happy thing? Well, Wade, if you're reading this, then please stop right now. No, seriously, if you are, it would be best if you just quit reading right here.

Okay, did he leave the room? LOL Last month, I made a pact with my dear husband that I would not spend any money on scrapbook supplies. I've mentioned this before. Well, come June 1st, we got a new paycheck and the month was up. So on Saturday, June 2nd, after I had 24 hours of recovery from vacation (Ha ha!), I place an order at SBO. It arrived yesterday. Yumminess! (Is that a word?) Loved the fast shipping. Thanks MF!
I got that cool construction site pp for Andrew, two white Sharpies (one for my dear friend, Brianna), an awesome journaling stamp (can't wait to use that!) and some gorgeous rubons. Man, I HAVE to get in my scrap room soon.

Today, I did myself good again. LOL Wade had a meeting at the Meadowview Convention Center in Kingsport. I thought for something fun, the kids and I could meet him for lunch because it was over at 11:30 and then he had to stay in Kingsport to meet with one of their other offices. While I was in Kingsport, I might as well run on over to Hobby Lobby to just happens to be having a big 50% off sale on scrapbooking supplies!! I was good though. This was all I got. I spent almost $40 but almost half of that was on the kids.

The foam stamps were only $4, I got both Heidi Swapp stamps for $1 each and the sets of inkpads were $3 each! I CAN NOT wait to play! :)

Art lessons were this afternoon. I moved them to 2:00 so we would be home in time for me to cook dinner. We ended up eating lunch at the Meadowview's restaurant which has a wonderful (but expensive) buffet so Wade said I shouldn't cook tonight. We ate too much today for lunch. I think we're going to just work in the yard tonight - prune a rosebush and another bush.

Elizabeth and Andrew have been good today too. It took them three days to get used to being together every day again. Well, they had vacation too which they were still trying to work all that out too. Before they got along great but they were really only together a few hours a day and on the weekends because of school. I hope the summer is stress free concerning that sort of stuff!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics of the kids reading together, Leslie!

And as for your new purchases...yumminess works! Enjoy!
~Katherine (madkatter at SBO)

kelli said...

Oh Leslie you did blog courage...you had the courage to tell wade about your purchases. hehe. Yeah Blogger.Keep it up. going now to probably add to my site.

Brianna said...

Yumminess is definately the word to use!!

Love how they read together - I hope Ellie & Cristian are close!

BTW - I have those same exact rub-ons! Can't wait to use mine!!!

Nicole said...

Yay for an SBO order! Now get scrappin'!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your blog! I'll be checking back in!


hugs,
Julie

Jolene said...

SBO and HL in one week? Heaven! Enjoy...and post!!!