Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Football Player.

Two recent birthday cards I've made with similar supplies. I think they were laying on my scrap table so I grabbed them to use. :)


I am proud of Andrew and his new "career" in football this season. He has never played football before but has learned a lot the last two weeks of practice. Today was his first game. His team is the Redskins. They played against the Colts and won 18 to 0. Yay! He played offence (right guard) most of the game but in the last half they played him on defence too. He got his man every time except once when the other player dodged him well. He is number 5 like Wade was in his football career (as a wide receiver). Click on photos to see larger and see my boy taking down the biggest member of the other team. Woohoo!



Pitiful scoreboard but the proof of the win! Of course this is the start of the next two months of Saturdays.


I want to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to four special people this month. September 1st was my SIL, Temple's birthday. On Thursday (the 3rd) was my nephew, Tyler's, birthday. He is 17 yrs old. I can't believe that. Every year on his birthday though I think the same thing and I always have the need to tell someone that I saw him born. I was only 15 yrs old and it was a big deal for me to witness as you can imagine! Today is my sweet nephew, Stone's, birthday. I can't believe that booger is TWO years old today. Wow! And tomorrow is his daddy's birthday, Ben, my brother-in-law (Wade's "baby" brother). I won't mention the ages of the adults. :) Plus tomorrow my parents celebrate 41 years of marriage. Must be a special month! At least it is for me because of those special people in my lives.

A picture of our newest "pet" will soon follow. Elizabeth brought home a pollywog (aka, tadpole but I like the former word for effect LOL) from school. The class named it Scuba Derek Farmer.

Have a wonderful Labor Day!

5 comments:

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

Cute cards, Leslie. How fun that Andrew is playing football. Zach and Austin are going to start playing baseball on Monday and the others are going to do gymnastics.

Sketron said...

Leslie, you are so talented!!! I love the cards, and WAY TO GO Andrew!!! So many memories being made that will last a lifetime for him!!

Sounds like you need a separate budget just for birthday and anniversary presents this month! ha Love it that you and Wade have a very close nit family to spend and celebrate these special days that come once a year!!

Foster Kittens said...

I like the cards!

Crafty Girl Studio said...

Look at hime pushing back on that kid...that is great.

Kristi said...

OOooh, pretty cards!

I got a kick out of those football pictures--cute little guys--and boy, what a struggle! Just looking at their faces. ;) Don't laugh too hard--I'm not a sports person--but is this flag or tackle football? I see the flags, yet Andrew is obviously taking that big guy down...